Here's what you need to know:
KIPP Miami is looking for an Elementary Exceptional Student Education (ESE) Achievement Director to drive academic results for exceptional students by improving teacher and leader capacity to implement KIPP elementary schools.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- At least 3 years’ experience teaching or leading in ESE
- Strong coaching skills
- Exceptional content knowledge in elementary special education
- Ability to build relationships, impact & influence, and motivate action
- Coach and develop elementary school Learning Specialists and related service providers in developing content knowledge and capacity.
- Collaborate with School Leaders and APs on the development of these individuals, and on driving initiatives that will improve academic outcomes for kids in our elementary schools.
- Support with curriculum internalization, data analysis, response to data analysis, curricular modifications and accommodations, teacher coaching experiences, etc.
- Co-plan, observe/feedback, model coaching and professional development experiences as needed.
- Lead Academic Intervention in our elementary schools, to improve the outcomes of students who are in need of additional support
- Design, implement, and progress monitor a comprehensive academic intervention system in our elementary schools.
- Support a caseload of students in each elementary school, to improve capacity to serve all students in our schools.
- Ensure that our elementary schools meet 100% of compliance requirements with Miami-Dade County Public Schools and the state of Florida.
- Collaborate with the network T&L and CMO SpEd TEAM on network-wide initiatives.
Compensation & Benefits
KIPP Miami offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, competitive 403(B) plan, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a school laptop.
About KIPP Miami
KIPP is a non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating 100,000 elementary, middle, and high school students in 242 schools across the country. KIPP Miami is a new region and its first schools will set the pace for excellence and lay the foundation for school-based structures across the region. Over the long term, KIPP Miami plans to serve students from grades K-12 in multiple schools across the city.
KIPP Miami seeks to create and sustain a high achieving and inspiring community schools that battles inequity by empowering students to develop the skills, character strengths, and habits to thrive in college and beyond, shape their futures, and positively impact the world.
We’re passionate about kids, fun and improvement. To find out more about why great teachers join, visit our website here.
KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer.