KIPP Miami offers a Teacher in Residence program designed to help aspiring teachers to get the hands-on experience and certification they need to become excellent teachers at our world-class schools. As a teacher in residence, you’ll fuse theory and practice as you work alongside experienced teachers in the classroom, while earning their teaching certification.
Who should apply for the Teacher in Residence program?
- Recent college graduates
- Career changers
- People who work in school operations and aspire to teach
What can I expect from the program?
- Exceptional Mentorship: You’ll learn from the best, practicing your skills as a teacher in residence at a KIPP school alongside an experienced lead teacher.
- Education Certification: Weekly classes at RELAY Graduate School of Education, an accredited, innovative teacher preparation program that will help you earn your Florida State Certification.
- Summer Institute: Our week-long Summer Institute is thoughtfully designed to prepare fellows for their year of learning.
- Build Your Network: We can’t do this work alone – and we don’t. You’ll engage with a cohort of new teachers who will learn and grow alongside you.
- Professional Development: We invest in our teacher in residence fellows. Monthly professional development experiences will deepen your knowledge and understanding of how to become an effective KIPP Miami, while enhancing your cohort experience.
- Coaching: Receive weekly targeted coaching and feedback by an instructional leader in your school who knows your curriculum and your context and can support your growth over time.
- True Teamwork: We go fast, and far–but we never go alone! You’ll work alongside motivated staff and the most amazing students you’ll ever have the pleasure of working with.
What do I need to qualify for the Teacher in Residence program?
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Completion of a state-approved licensure exam (Preferred)
How do I apply to be a Teacher in Residence?
Search our Job Listings for Teacher in Residence positions in elementary, middle, and high school.